


The new year started with lots of lists and tasks to complete before the wedding. I was able to fit in a half marathon run at Disney with Taryn the week-end before Emmaleigh and Jayson were married. Yay! That was a fun sister thing to do. The big day was January 14, when Em and Jay were married in the Orlando temple for time and all eternity. It was so beautiful! From top to bottom starting with the family dinner on Thursday evening, I felt such joy and excitement about this personal and family event. All our family and friends flew in to celebrate with us. We held a casual family dinner with everyone on Thursday evening and then had the most incredible sealing on Friday morning. Brother Smith was so terrific as their sealer. His insight and spirit were the perfect touch to Emmaleigh and Jayson's beautiful union. I couldn't believe how happy I felt, and yet how ugly the tears looked streaming down my face! It just didn't really add up, but I guess some things are just a mystery. I just felt profound gratitude for these truly amazing children of mine making truly amazing covenants. It's true what they say, "All you need is love"... Love for each other and love for the Lord. That is what makes it all work. It's such a simple formula. I wish more people knew about it!
The reception was awesome and people told me it was the best they'd ever been to! The golf club was beautiful and Liz Cameron did an amazing job decorating. The toasts by Chloe and Garrett were so heartfelt and full of love. The DJ's made it so fun and absolutely everyone got on the dance floor-- except for maybe Grandpa Litchfield. I do not think I saw him out there, but I think he was just in utter amazement at his new Grandson-in-law break dancing on the parquet floor. I know I was! Fun, fun, memorable time. We will cherish all the loved ones, family, and friends there to share in our joy. It's been nearly a month now and I still smile when I think of that day. What an abundant life I have. (Will post engagement pictures for now because I don't have any wedding ones yet but they are coming. And if I can post a video of Jayson break dancing I will do it. You have to see it to believe it!)



No comments:
Post a Comment